Thursday, July 14, 2011
These are few of my favorite Little Things about Summer Vacation
Fresh-grown produce
I'm a daughter of an apple farmer (coming later in the summer), but I also drool over fresh strawberries, blueberries, and especially cherries! It's also great taking advantage of all the local farmers markets. (See an addition to my cooking blog for ideas for using those fresh veggies you bring home!)
No alarm clock!
Is there anything better than waking up to the sun instead of a machine? (When my little darlings allow for this...)
Flowers everywhere
After a drab, gray Michigan winter (and spring!), I can't get enough of the colorful foliage everywhere.
Kids who fall asleep in the car after a fun day at the pool, beach or park
I'm lucky enough to have kids who stay sleeping as I lug them from their carseats and into their beds. But, upon carrying Caleb today, I realized this may be the last summer I can carry him and his dead weight!
No grading papers or lesson planning at night!
I love the time to read and play in the evenings. I NEVER take this luxury for granted!
Time to read books of my choosing
No homework, no required reading, and time to indulge in those guilty pleasure books I set aside most of the year.
Baseball
We're big Tigers fans, and our boys love to snuggle in to watch a game in their jammies or fall asleep to a broadcast on the way home from a fun night with friends and family. It's also nice knowing there is something on T.V. at night that is appropriate for all ages.
Beach/pool bag stays permanently packed and ready.
We're always ready for a day at Grandma's pool or wherever else the sun may bring us!
No schedule
I try, as much as possible, to keep my calendar clear and take life day by day. My kids are at the age where they don't have their own agendas yet, and I try to take full advantage of this.
What are your favorite little things about summer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment